1989 by the lovely @TaylorSwift

   Assalamualaikum and hello all you lovely folks! How are you and I know it's been quite a month(?) I didn't post anything. I know this is not an exciting post but this is my personal review of 1989 by miss TayTay here. You know, at last the album is in my hand! Can't resist, huh?

1989 is her fifth studio album and her fans are growing and still counting. If the album is set a million sale in a week then she's the only female act that sold millions for three albums. So let's go on, shall we ? (Because it have many songs, I shorten my review for each song)



1. Welcome To New York

Well, she's come from to Nashville but maybe, she loves the environment of NYC. It's surely a new brand anthem and if NYC don't accept it, they wrong. This anthem also brings the cheer mood on and sure got those feet dancing to the beat.


"When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts and put them in a drawer "


2. Blank Space

One of my fav songs from the album because I love how Taylor creates this song to portrait the media back. Really brings my laugh and how her mv and lyrics are on point. When I first heard this song, I didn't expected that it'll be the next single. Tomorrow, the mv landed with its million views.

"Find out what you want
Be that girl for a month"



3. Style



Truthfully, I agree that this song IS about Harry from the lyrics and the title really give a huge clue to all Taylor's fans. 'James Dean look' totally refer to Harry with the way his eyes look and I guaranteed that this song is about him. This also told that Taylor like her love interest even though he got another girl behind her back.

"So it goes, he can't keep his wild eyes on the road
Takes me home, lights are off he's taking off his coat"

4. Out Of The Woods

Another song rumoured to be about Harry. The lyrics also matched the love life of Haylor and also summarise her whole love story. No doubt, it's about Harry. Oh my, I think Taylor really loves Harry and miss him and his love. 

"Your necklace hanging from my neck, 

The night we couldn't quite forget"






5. All You Had To Do Was Stay

You know, I love when she sing the word 'stay'. It just reverse back to her 'I Knew You We're Trouble' goat version. I hope there's somebody do a remix about it. Hope so . . . But this song also got me look back at Stay, Stay, Stay song. 

"Here you are now, calling me up, but I don't know what to say

I've been picking up the pieces of the mess you made"



6. Shake It Off


At last, the trendsetter song and the catchy theme that always makes people singing non-stop. (plus the radio) The first single that introduced 1989 as her latest album. But for me, this song is getting annoying and my ears hurt hearing it. But everyone loves this song, maybe that's why it replays multiple times per day in radio. :)

"I'll never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet
And that's what they don't see mmm, that's what they don't see mmm "


7. I Wish You Would

One of my fav songs! I love the beat when the chorus part comes. It just, ahhhhh love it. 

"I wish you knew that

I'd never forget you as long as I'd live"



8. Bad Blood


The rumoured song about Katy Perry. Well, this type of song suites Katy the most. Based on an article, Taylor don't know if an artist is actually a friend or and enemy. Maybe it's up to Taytay to solve the bad blood. I love the drum beat at the beginning of the song.

"Did you think we'd be fine?
Still got scars on my back from your knife"

9. Wildest Dreams

Yup, like everyone said. This song is very similar of Lana Del Rey works. Maybe she's Taylor inspiration? But this song suites Taylor voice very well from my opinion. Also one of my fav songs.

"I said no one has to know what we do
His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room"


10. How You Get The Girl

About a girl who always gives multiple chances to a boy and that's how their relationship goes. It also rumoured that it's about Justin and Selena on-off relationship. What a great shot to backfires Justin's All Bad song, huh? But this song really fits their relationship though.


"And then you say

I want you for worse or for better"



11. This Love


Actually I miss this type of song from Taylor. Slow, ballad song that put me in peace. At first, when I heard that 1989 is a fully pop album I thought it will be like shake it off full in it. But no, there's always hi and low in it and I like it. Love the lyric and it totally brings the Speak Now and Safe and Sound vibe into it. I hope this is her next single, I want to see an mv of this song!

"Tossing, turning, struggle through the night for someone new

And I could go on and on, on and on"

12. I Know Places

A good song to dance and be a new OST for an action love movie. Agree? Come on, it's true, right? But I like this song though. Catchy tune in it mostly in the beginning of it. :)

"You stand with a hand on my waist line

Good to see that we're out in blank side
"







13. Clean





I always mistaken the title to one of a Hilary Duff song. This song is great, remember me to Long Live by Tay Swift. Wow, is it just me or I miss her old albums. Not a memorable song.



                                            "
Rain came pouring down when I was drowning

                                                    That's when I could finally breathe"







14. Wonderland


A perfect theme for Alice In Wonderland but that's an old movie so who wanna be the Alice in this song? Taylor? In her daydream perhaps? Taylor also said that this song is a reference to Alice in Wonderland. But who's the partner? *cheeky* I want this song plays in my wedding.

"So we went on our way
Too in love to think straight"

15. You Are In Love

Not another heartbroken song is it? This superficial love song maybe is about one of Taylor's friends. (I don't know) But maybe she's wishes that it'll happen to her someday. This also show that love exist base on the old couple that we usually see on the streets. True love do exist.

                                  "You two are dancing in a snow globe, go round and round
                                       And he keeps the picture of you in his office downtown"

16. New Romantics

Another Katy Perry-like songs or another 'I Love It' vibe in it. Hope it's an unforgettable song. About a girl who just want to have fun and forgetting her love life each day. Kind of like '22'.

"'Cause baby I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me "

16 songs! Quite enough, huh for an almost rm50. Lucky that her songs awesome! Well, hope 1989 will be the success of achieving platinum for her. She deserves it.


My top 5 favs !

I Wish You Would

Style

Wildest Dreams

This Love

I Know Places


Song of the Day : Human by Cher Lloyd
Quote of the Day : 

0 comments

Appreciated :)