[Review] My Everything by Ariana Grande

          Assalamualaikum and hello everyone ! What are you guys doin' now? Hope you guys are having a lovely day to spend.

Since My Everything has been released on August 22, I 've been very excited to hear all the songs. Ariana Grande made me love Yours Truly, how about a little round up for My Everything that has been the most talked album around the people?


(srce: google)


1.  Intro

Even the intro made me wishing how Ariana makes the song longer. A 1 minute intro is a good way to attract people to listen further to her song. Not much to be critic for this intro.

"Love me and don't look back, I want you with me on this road to the sky"

2. Problem


Problem is the first single from this album and it charted the billboard for a very good start of promoting this album to the people. The song starred Ariana, Iggy and Big Sean and it was a right chose to pick Iggy as the rapper since she's got a wild rap comin' from her mouth. The music video also shown in a retro way and it shows Ariana in a sexy black dress. This song also sparks a rumor that if it's for Jai Brooks, her famous ex-boyfriend. I like Problem but not the top from this album

"Tell me, tell me baby. Why can't you leave me?"

3. One Last Time


It's about a girl who loves a boy but couldn't own him like she wants to. She wants to be with him for one last time before she lost him. Well, I can't denied that I like this song. This song can make people dance but also sad when it comes to the lyric. Ariana always put a sad song in a cheerful tone so maybe we can be happy even though we are actually sad. One of my favs from this album.

"So one last time, I need to be the one who takes you home"


(srce : instagram)


4. Why Try


Another powerful song by Ariana and of course is written by the famous write who co-wrote great music. This song hid an extraordinary emotions mix of loving each other. With the backup vocals who sits behind Ariana soothing voice just makes me imagine how I lie on a wide field just to be stare by and ocean full of stars. Wonderful, isn't it?

"You drive me insane, now we're screaming just to see who's louder"

5. Break Free (featuring Zedd)

Second single from this album collaborating with Zedd. Actually, not my fav but make me addicted to sing it because it sounds catch and the techno pop in it makes me unstoppable. Although behind the techno elements, lies about a girl who wanted to break free from a boy and be a braver woman. Putting all the lies aside.

"This is the part when I say I don't want ya, I'm stronger than I've been before"

6. Best Mistake (featuring Big Sean)

It started with a piano playing and starts with a deep voice by Ariana just makes me fall in love with this song. Another fav ballad song to be added on the list and it's also starred Big Sean who is her rumor boyfriend. I think this is her only song that she's acting calm and not screaming all the way to the end. This is the best song for people who went through an off and on relationship but still loves each other no matter what.

"'Cause you're the best mistake I've ever made, but we hold on"




7. Be My Baby (featuring Cashmere Cat)

As soon as I heard the snippet from Ariana, I know that this is going to be my next fav songs and it proves. Be My Baby is one of the early tracks that been released before the album drops out. I love how this song puts the classy and the sexiness all together. You've done a good job, Ariana.

"I'll give all my trust, if you don't mess this up"

8. Break Your Heart Right Back (featuring Childish Gambino)

Not my fav from the album but it had the old retro tone in it. It's about a girl who thinks that her boyfriend loves her so so so much but soon discovered that her boyfriend is actually gay. A little bit disappointed in that huh ?

"What goes around comes around, and if it goes up, it comes down"

9. Love Me Harder (featuring The Weeknd)

This is quite a sexy song full of passionate love between the lovers. Love the r&b vibe in this. This song also makes me addicted to sing it every day. Anyway, this song also been critic for being too much adult for her but if you look back. She's actually 21 and it's legal for her to create this song, don't you?

"So what do I do if I can't figure it out? You got to try, try, try again"

10. Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart

One to say, this song is written by Harry Styles and it proves how he can write the song very well. Well it's not for Ariana but he can't use the song for him so he let's Ariana sings it. A ballad song about a girl who can't get the guy but begs for a little bit of his heart for her. A little bit is enough for her. Not my fav though.

"I know I'm not your only, but at least I'm one"

11. Hands On Me (featuring ASAP Ferg)

Another sexy song from Ariana that put the slow pop vibe in it. Way to put her innocent face off her but maybe her voice fits well on a seductive mood. (Maybe?) But this is quite a great song if you don's look at the lyric and just enjoy the music.

"Eyes on me, dance on me tonight"

12. My Everything

At last, the song @ the title of this amazing album. I like the lyric as it told about a girl who realised that she's only felt missing when her lover gone. Pushing her ego and pride to remember what she had done to the boy. This song also shows her credibility of her vocals and this is one my fav song to be on the list. This song also reminds me of her love story with Jai Brooks. Disappointed that they broke up though.

"He wasn't my everything til we were nothing, and it's taking me a lot to say"




13. Only 1


One of the deluxe edition songs from her album. I love her vocals in this and it also shows that this song mixed with r&b vibe. Quite a classy song from Ariana. About a girl who loves a guy but feeling out of league to fight the competition around her. Love this song from her.

"I can't be your only one, no I can't be your only one"

14. You Don't Know Me

Praise for miss Ariana Grande for her vocals in this song which is another deluxe edition song from her. Deserve to be a deluxe edition. You know what, I actually wishing that Ian Eastwood dance with this song and I will surely watch it!

"I don't need to live by your rules, you don't control me"

..and that's the end of My Everything by Ariana Grande !

Overall : My love for this album is unexpected because I thought it's just the same as Your Truly but it's actually more than that! This album brings out more r&b but also shows how Ariana try hard to show her adultness by bringing out more seductive songs for her fans. Maybe she wanted to be more mature but she may wants to remember that her base fan is in range 13-17 years. Anyway, I love the feels in those songs.

Rating : 


My top 5 songs

1. Best Mistake
2. Why Try
3. Be My Baby
4. My Everything
5. You Don't Know Me



Well done to you, Ariana for the album to reach No.1 in 76 countries. A wild achievement for a second album.

Sorry for the grammars and this is from my personal view.

0 comments

Appreciated :)